The City of Cambridge Historic Preservation Commission will conduct a meeting on Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at City Council Chambers, 305 Gay Street. The following items are on the agenda for this meeting:
HPC Awards—May 27, 2016
Opening Statement, Oath Administered-Persons Wishing to Testify
Approval of Minutes:
March 17, 2016
March 24, 2016
April 21, 2016
Regular Agenda Items;
HPC #2016-025, 103 West End Ave.: Lyle Cameron requests approval to replace an existing three-tab roof with GAF Timberline architectural shingles.
HPC #2016-003, 1101 Travers St: Luke Loy is requesting approval to remove the rear concrete steps of the building and to build a 16’ x 16’ pressure treated, gray stained, deck with built-in benches and an 8’ tall privacy screen.
HPC#2016-021, 310 Gay St: Dan Thibeault will present a revised application to install two new 10’ x10’ overhead doors, a 4’x8’ metal painted door with solid fixed transom, painted brick infill, landscaping, and exterior lighting.
HPC #2016-022, 414 Race St.: Joe and Carol Ruark request approval to install an elevated deck with a shed roof and stairwell on the rear of the building.
HPC #2016-023, 6 Oakley St: Jim Linthicum requests approval to replace the existing 4’ tall cedar fence with a 6’ tall cedar fence in the same design, with the sections of the fence that are forward of the rear line of the property to be 4’ tall, to install three shade awnings 77” wide by 30” tall by 30” deep with a 6” valence, and enlarge the existing deck to be 8’6 x 24’.
HPC #2016-024, 801 Locust St: Janice Olshesky requests approval to add a transom window above an existing side door on the east side of the house, which will be similar to the existing, original, four-light transom above the front door of the house.
310 Mill Street: William and Leslie Bishop request guidance regarding the construction of a carriage house, loggia and porch in the rear of the property.