City Council Agenda
June 8, 2009
7:00 pm - Mayor to Convene Council in Regular Session
Approve Minutes for May 26, 2009 Council Meeting as Distributed
Update on Housing Rehabilitation Community Development Block Grant
- Theresa Johnson, New Way of Life Club, to Request Permission to Use the Douglas Street Playground on Sunday, June 14th from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm for a Family and Friends Community Day, a Variance from the Noise Ordinance, and Trash Cans
- Representatives from the CSD Class of 2010 to Request Permission to Hold a Bake Sale at Long Wharf on July 4th Prior to and During the Fire Works
- Rev. Randall Blackmon, Faith Baptist Fellowship, to Request Permission to Use Long Wharf for a Family Film Night on July 11th from Dusk Until the End of the Film and a Variance from the Noise Ordinance
- Rachell Rich, Club Envy, to Request Permission to Close Chesapeake Court on July 4th from 12:00 Noon Until 7:30 pm for Their 3rd Annual Community Block Party and a Variance from the Noise Ordinance for Those Hours
- Ty Banning, Zion Baptist Church, to Request Permission to Close Pine Street from Elm Street to Cedar Street on Saturday, September 12th from 12 Noon until 5:30 pm for Their Annual Community Day Cookout and a Variance from the Noise Ordinance
- Representative from Main Street to Request Permission for the Following Second-Saturday Events, Street Closures, and Variances from the Noise Ordinance:
- Representative from New Life Christian Church and Ministries to Request Permission to Have a Street Service on Saturday, June 13th from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm on the Lot Behind Murphy's Store on the Corner of Washington and Douglas Street, a Portion of Douglas Street Closed, and a Variance from the Noise Ordinance
June 13th - 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm - Poplar St.
July 11th - 12:30 pm to 10:00 pm - 400 Block of Race St. & Poplar St.
August 8th - 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm - 300 Block of High St.
September 19th - 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm - 400 Block of Race St. & Poplar St.
October 10th - 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm - Poplar St.
- Request from Representative of Mirman, Inc. to Waive Fines and Interest Related to Their Property
- Request from John Moody for Abatement of Interest Owed on a Financial Obligation
- Request from Guinervere Banks for Abatement of Interest Charges for the Demolition of a Property
- St. Pauls United Methodist Church Youth Ministry's Request for a Noise Variance on June 18, 2009 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm for a Block Party in Their Parking Lot at 205 Maryland Ave.
- Cambridge Fourth of July Boat Parade Committee's Request for a Noise Variance for the Firing of Salute Cannons at the Beginning and End of the Boat Parade on July 4, 2009
- Council to Set Tax Rates (Real Estate and Personal Property)
THE CITY COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MEET IN CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION PURSUANT TO SECTION 10-508, STATE GOVERNMENT ARTICLE, ANNOTATED CODE OF MARYLAND.