Cambridge has much to offer through a dedicated leadership that is positioning the community for future opportunities. The city has taken advantage of innovative programs at various levels that provide mechanisms for revitalization, while preserving the heritage, character and traditions unique to the Eastern Shore.
The following designations have been established in the City of Cambridge. Each one has significance and is an asset to businesses and residents through direct benefits, or the eligibility of beneficial resources that accompany the individual program.
- Main Street District
- Maple Street District / Smart Site
- Arts & Entertainment District
- Historic Preservation District
- Priority Funding Area
- Priority Funding Area Sustainable Community (Designated Neighborhood & Community Legacy)
- Maryland Certified Heritage Area – City Center Target Investment Zone, Long Wharf Target Investment Zone
- Enterprise Zone
- HUB Zone
Several revitalization projects now underway include:
- Community led - Richardson Foundation, Dorchester Center for the Arts, Choptank River Lighthouse
- Collaboration - Technology & Business Park, Harriet Tubman Underground All American Road, Harriet Tubman State Park and National Monument
- City led – Sailwinds Waterfront 2020, Sidewalk Improvements, City Park Improvements, Streetscape Improvements